Nonprofit Expert
Home » Did you lose your Exemption Letter?

Did you lose your Exemption Letter?

How can one get a copy of an organization’s exemption application or annual information return from the IRS?

To request a copy of either the exemption application or the annual information return, submit Form 4506-A, Request for Public Inspection or Copy of Exempt Organization IRS Form. Mail the form to the applicable address listed below:

IF you want… THEN mail Form 4506-A to…
A copy of an exemption application Internal Revenue Service
Customer Service – TE/GE
P.O. Box 2508, Room 2023
Cincinnati, OH 45201
A copy of a return, report, or notice Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 9941, Stop 6716
Ogden, UT 84409

You may also purchase copies of scanned Forms 990, 990-EZ for IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, and all 990-PF returns on CD-Rom from the Ogden Submission Processing Center.

DonorPerfect GivingTuesday Ideas Ad