As I write this sentence, its 5:23 PM on December 30th, 2013. And guess what? Its not too late to ask for 2013 donations! Yes, lots of folks are on vacation. Yes, lots of people have just spent a ton of money on gifts. But lots of people also need more tax deductions! Lots of people are still available via email and they have their credit card just an arms-length away! Lastly, an email costs you nothing but the time it takes you to craft the message, pull your list, and hit send!
Here is an excerpt from my December 13th blog that can still be applied in these final hours of 2013:
- Send an email with a short, easy-to-remember link to your donation form.
- It’s very easy to create this “friendly link” in WebLink – just enter the name and click save!
- During the last few days of the year, change your website to make donation collecting the focus of the homepage.
- Pull out the stops on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.)
- Remind supporters they can give until midnight local time on the 31st.
- Send a separate appeal to LYBNTY donors (gave Last Year But Not This Year). Click here (login needed) to see how easy it is to find this veritable goldmine of donors in DonorPerfect. Sending this email will not only help increase revenue, but also increase retention rates and donor lifetime value.
- Email early on the 31st. Send in the morning so you’ll be at the top of in-boxes.
The clock is ticking, but there is a lot of dough to be collected in these final hours. On behalf of the mission you care so much about, go get it!
On behalf of all of us at DonorPerfect, we hope you have a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!
The post Last Minute Push for Donations – Its Not Too Late! appeared first on DonorPerfect.