This post was originally published here (The TechSoup Blog)
TechSoup is justifiably famous for our product donations, but we also have great digital and in-person training resources for your charity, foundation, or library. Find out about our trove of how-to articles, weekly webinars, discussion forums, Netsquared in-person training events, and new step-by-step online courses. Here’s what we have for you in the way of learning resources at TechSoup.
TechSoup now has a surprising array of mostly free, self-paced online courses. Launched in August of 2016, TechSoup Courses take you step by step through each training to ensure that you get some good practice in each topic.
- Technology Planning (four courses)
- Tech Training for Nonprofit and Library Staff
- Design for Nondesigners (two courses)
- Web Design Best Practices
- Adobe Absolute Beginners: Create a Fundraiser Invitation Using InDesign
- Adobe Absolute Beginners: Photoshop
- Adobe Absolute Beginners: Getting Started with Illustrator
- Storymakers: Become a Digital Storyteller Today
- TechSoup Tech30s (Join us every Tuesday for a half-hour webinar to pick up new tech skills and quick tips on improving your tech know-how. You’ll also get a weekly roundup of new product donations, tech news, and the latest resources to better meet your organization’s mission)
TechSoup hosts free hour-long webinars each week for nonprofits and libraries. These informational sessions feature experts on topics like fundraising, accounting, marketing, storytelling, and many other nonprofit technology topics. The webinar program also demonstrates TechSoup’s many product donations so you can understand what they can do and if they are right for your organization.
- Check out our schedule of upcoming nonprofit webinars.
- See our schedule of upcoming library webinars.
TechSoup has an extensive library of how-to articles across nearly all nonprofit technology topics. Find them here. Some popular articles include
- Do-It-Yourself Troubleshooting for Windows Computers
- 10 Steps for Planning a Successful Webinar
- Top Tech Training Tips for Nonprofits — How to Teach Your Staff to Use New Technology Painlessly
- Tips for Nonprofits Setting Up SharePoint Online
- Finding and Using Images for Your Nonprofit
- Guide to Microsoft Server Licensing
Free In-Person Technology Training Events
TechSoup’s Netsquared program offers free technology training events in cities around the world each month. These are great in-person social events where you can meet nonprofit techies in your locale, learn new skills, and talk shop. Find your closest NetSquared group.
Check out our blog for the latest tech news and TechSoup tips. Here’s a sample of some recent popular blog posts:
- The Environmental Case for Remanufactured IT
- Solving the Riddle of Donor Fatigue
- Do-It Yourself Online Safety Guide for Women (and Everyone Else)
When you have a specific tech question, these are a great resource. TechSoup hosts discussion forums in various categories so you can talk to experts in each field. Some of our most popular forums include
We hope that you take full advantage of our learning resources at TechSoup. All of the content on TechSoup is Creative Commons licensed. This license means you can take our training content, post it on your website, use it in social media, or use it in your trainings or newsletters. Just link the piece back to us to give us attribution. You don’t even need to ask us for permission.
If you have other technology training resources that you find useful, please sign in and tell us!