Watch this webinar to learn the secrets of a successful capital campaign. This Nonprofit Expert webinar features Susan L. Axelrod, CFRE, PFR, who presented her thoughts and tips on “How to Run a Successful Capital Campaign”
Susan approached the task of presenting advice on a popular topic in the form of tips. Below are some of the significant ones:
- Many popular resources are available on Capital Campaign Planning, such as www.capitalcampaigns.com, Capital Campaigns: Strategies that Work by Andrea Kihlstedt, and Preparing Your Capital Campaign by Marilyn Bancel, CFRE.
- A feasibility study is critical to undertaking a capital campaign.
- The active presence of a campaign cabinet will guide the campaign along. The cabinet must work along with a designated campaign director.
- You should have defined administrative support staff, as well as donor tracking software such as DonorPerfect. Campaign progress must be tracked and reported continually.
- Design your recognition and marketing materials thoughtfully.
- Don’t be afraid to make a dual ask; an annual appeal and campaign ask can be made at the same time.
- Include an endowment portion in a capital campaign.
FREE E-Book: 9 Facts Every Nonprofit Should Know About Donor-Advised Funds
Millions of dollars are currently in donor-advised funds just waiting to be donated to nonprofits like yours. This E-Book from DonorPerfect gives you the facts you need to leverage them.